In accordance to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), we are dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your health information.
At the practice of Rami Ghurani MD, Plastic Surgery, your privacy is part of our mission and is a very important part of your experience. We fully abide by the requirements of the HIPAA (Health Care Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Physicians and all staff members at Rami Ghurani MD, Plastic Surgery, fully understand how personal and sensitive your desire for cosmetic enhancement is and thus we respect your privacy. If you have any needs that require special consideration, please contact our Practice Administrator and we will respond to your individual needs. A private entrance and waiting area are available upon request.
Use and disclosure of your health information in certain circumstances
The following circumstances may require us to use or disclose your health information:
- To public health agencies that are authorized by law to collect information.
- If required by to do so by law enforcement officials.
- Legal or similar proceedings in response to a court or administrative order.
- When necessary to reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of other individuals.
- If you’re a member of the military and if required by appropriate authorities.
- To federal officials for intelligence and national security.
- To correctional institutions or law enforcement officials.
- For Workers Compensation and similar programs.
Your rights regarding your health information
- You can request that we communicate with you about your health in a particular manner or at a certain location. For instance, you may ask that we contact you at home rather than work. We will try to accommodate all reasonable requests.
- You can request a restriction in our use or disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, or health care operations. You can request that we restrict our disclosure of your health information to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment for your care, such as family members and friends.
- You have the right to review and obtain a copy of your medical and billing records. You must submit your request in writing to Ghurani Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- You may ask us to amend your health information if you believe it is incomplete or incorrect. To request an amendment, please do so in writing.
- If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a written complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services.
- We will obtain your authorization for uses and disclosures that are not identified by this notice or permitted by applicable law. You are entitled to a copy of this notice at any time.